- RFID spend is expected to dramatically increase by 2011, largely in order to support scaling deployments and deeper integration.
- Although significant growth is expected for most applications, adoption of anti-counterfeiting, WIP/assembly, POS, contactless payment, shop-floor automation and people tracking/labor management applications is expected to triple by 2011.
- To help facilitate adoption and capitalize on opportunity, suppliers should focus on:
- Providing enhanced, measurable and reproducible efficiencies and business models;
- Error reduction / more automation and deeper integration; and,
- Increasing visibility in conjunction with an enhanced ability to port intelligence to key stakeholders.
- Interest in managed services deployment is brewing because it not only offers the benefits of RFID with less risk, but it also expands the technology’s serviceable available market.
To get an even more detailed look into the mind of the RFID end user, we hope you’ll scroll through the slides below or take the time to listen to the webcast recording.