We recently published the research outline for our 2012 coverage of the barcode solutions market (available here), with a focus on each of the following technology types – Barcode Printers, Scanners and Software solutions.
We are expanding our coverage to include analysis on the Barcode Software solutions market with an aim to answer some of the primary questions about growth drivers for software investment, budgets allocated, supplier competitive landscape, etc. We expect to focus our coverage on building market estimates & forecasts for the following 3 areas:
- Barcode Label Generation – maintaining compliance with industry, government and consumer standards
- Remote Device Management – increasing uptime, and reducing downtime response
- 2D Imaging Applications – enabling multi-application support on more robust development platforms
VDC is most excited to be offering “FastForward” reports, which will provide executive leaders with deep-dive commentary & analysis on the most important issues affecting the global barcode solutions market each quarter. Along with our continued focus on preparing supply- and demand-side focused barcode solutions reports, we will be providing insight on the following FastForward topics in the upcoming service year:
- Mobile Barcodes & the Consumer
- Imaging Applications – Beyond the Barcode
Given that 2012 is now almost upon us, what do we expect to keep an eye out for in the barcode solutions space? While we’ve discussed this extensively in our Webcast, here are some of the key trends that we expect will shape the marketplace over the course of the next 12 months:
- The barcode solutions markets has been considerably impacted by economic volatility and pushing back of refresh cycles over the past year
- Intensified competition from suppliers in APAC
- Increased interest in AutoID technology convergence (Barcode, RFID, RTLS, NFC) to extend platforms & provide unprecedented value
- Growing partnerships with the ISV community in response to increased demand for convergence, integration, and application development & support
We look forward to having extensive discussions with the barcode supplier community as we continue with our research initiatives and explore new & emerging trends in the marketplace for 2012.