After several months of investigation and early market analysis conducted by our AutoID team, VDC Research Group is pleased to announce the launch of our 2014 Machine Vision Solutions Market Research Program. This new research is a natural fit with our legacy coverage of core AutoID technologies such as barcode scanners and imagers, RFID and RTLS as well as our on-going analysis within industrial automation and sensors sectors. VDC’s machine vision program will help AutoID vendors, industrial automation equipment suppliers and machine vision specialists understand the key trends, issues and drivers shaping the machine vision market in industrial and non-industrial sectors.
Machine vision components and systems sales have emerged as a multi-billion dollar global market opportunity. At its core machine vision is the process of applying a range of technologies and methods to provide imaging-based automatic inspection, process control, robot guidance and much more. As these solutions become a more critical part of automating business processes and operations across industries, we expect broader end-user adoption and market growth in both manufacturing and non-manufacturing sectors.
The research program influencer period is now open for vendors and solutions providers. Research program influencers help shape our upcoming machine vision market coverage, segmentations, analysis and more. Please contact VDC for more information about becoming a research influencer and gain early access to machine vision insights from our AutoID team. We can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Key research program components include the following:
- Track 1: VDC Views: on machine vision solution selection & deployment
- Track 2: Machine Vision Market Analysis reports for:
- Industrial/Manufacturing Sectors
- Emerging Markets/Verticals
- Track 3: Vendor Spotlights & Evaluation Guide
- Track 4: Machine Vision End-user Analysis report
What are some of the key questions answered by this research program?
- Where are the growth centers for machine vision components and solutions in terms of industry sectors, applications and regions?
- Which vendors and solutions providers are leading the machine vision market today? Which companies are considered innovators shaping the future direction of the machine vision landscape?
- Which types of enterprises most frequently deploy machine vision solutions and why?
- How will vendors differentiate themselves from their peers in the highly-fragmented, highly-competitive machine vision market?
- In which environments are the relatively less complex smart camera-based machine vision systems a significant threat to PC-based solutions?