VDC is pleased to announce the publication of its annual study of the handheld barcode scanner market. This research is an invaluable strategic and tactical planning tool for barcode scanner vendors and their channel partners. Highlights of the research include:
- Forecasted revenue CAGR of 5.2% for the global market through 2017 disguises significant turmoil below the surface, for vendors, the channel and end-users.
- As 2013 nears its end, vendors are reporting slowing refresh cycles and a challenging climate outside of new, non-traditional growth markets – such as healthcare – where large investments in sales and marketing are required to win new accounts.
- The decline of laser-based scanning will accelerate over time, with a corresponding acceleration of the imager-based scanning market.
- Low cost Asian vendors will continue to steal share from the large established American and European vendors such as Motorola Solutions, Honeywell and Datalogic.
- End-user interest in the use of consumer devices for scanning is widespread, intense, and growing, posing a real opportunity for mobile device vendors and a real threat to scanner vendors focused on retail and hospitality.
To learn more, download the Executive Brief now.
(Above links to landing page with similar content. Registration required to get to e-brief.)